Deepening Mindful Practice
Building Capacity in Independent Facilitation – An OIFN Shared Learning Series
Course 4: Deepening Mindful Practice
Independent facilitators are called upon on a day to day basis to bear witness to other people’s vulnerability and wounding life experiences. Many of the life circumstances that people experience are complex and defy simple answers. Facilitators come to understand while doing this work that relationships are the only real safeguard and begin to understand the necessity of building shared purpose between people. This webinar helps Facilitators understand their role in walking alongside people as they transform their lives. To genuinely build this capacity for taking a “liberation mindset” requires facilitators to develop several practices that will help renew their commitment to and deepen their capacity for mindful presence.
- To contemplate the role of attention and intention in your practice and in your life.
- To become more mindful in every moment.
- To cultivate a questioning stance.
- To develop a better understanding of and appreciation for power dynamics.
- To cultivate situational awareness.
- To intentionally develop a “community of practice” for ourselves.
- To build the capacity to observe what is there without projecting.
- To honour and hold people’s lived experience and stories.
Part One: Monday, May 17, 2021, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Part Two: Monday, May 31, 2021, 10:00am – 3:30pm
Required Mentoring Conversation – times will be scheduled in consultation with participants
$100 for the course and required mentoring session
or register for the whole series for $390.00
Courses will be held virtually using Zoom Video Conferencing.
Links to the Zoom meeting will be sent by e-mail, once registration is confirmed.
ABOUT THE SERIES
OIFN is offering this shared learning series for people living with developmental disabilities, family members and/or loved ones, and aspiring and experienced independent facilitators.
Please see the series flyer to learn more.